Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dancing, Pomegranates, and the Father’s Love…


Greetings from Kalavai!!!  We made it to the village safe and sound.  It’s been a different kind of experience this time around coming straight to the village but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  When we got to the village, we had our standard overwhelming welcome filled with hugs, kisses, tears, and of course… fireworks.  This was followed by a tour of the village that ended with us dancing in the streets with the people from the village (especially the kids) for HOURS.  Three hours of dancing in India and no injuries for me…  haha…  We ended the night eating as a team and sharing what our most memorable thing that has happened so far.  Mine by far was Sandia reaching for me to pick her up and hold her and dancing with me for a good two hours.  Anyone who knows me at all knows how much this little girl has captured my heart.   
On the way to the village we stopped and Prema got us some Pomegranates.  She said they were good for your heart.  She told me to take 2 helpings because I have a weak heart because sometimes I cry.  I  told her that the pomegranates aren’t going to help.  Those tears come from a place deep in my heart.  Sometimes the tears I cry are tears of sorrow and sometimes tears of pure joy.  Sandia has had a place in my heart since I set foot in this village a few years ago, but she’s always been slightly unsure of me.  Her reaching out to me filled me with so much joy that I can’t even begin to describe it.  When she opened her arms to me and it absolutely melted my heart.
Sandia reaching for me made me think of how God must feel when we turn to Him.  I think of my own faith journey and the fact that, like Sandia has been with me in the past, I was reluctant to open myself up to the Father’s love.  I wasn’t sure what to think of Him.  When Sandia reached for me it made me think of how God aches for us to reach for Him.  He doesn’t need us, but He loves us and wants to show us that.  When we are reluctant to reach for him, or even afraid to, it must hurt Him.  But then the joy He feels when we reach out to Him must be indescribable.  I love this people…  I want them to know the Father’s love like I have.  Thank You, God for loving me enough to let me be a part of this story!

Posted by Jennifer Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment