Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A dream... that has come true


Maybe you are like me and wonder why as Christians of slightly different doctrines we cannot work together or possibly be united as the bride of Christ. Well, when we were on our rest day in Ranipet, we came across a large church and of course, Raj had a story. He explained that this church was part of the Church of South India and how this group of churches came together. During the independence of India in 1947, churches that were started by missionaries of different denominations realized that they should not be divided, but instead be united in Christ.

I Corinthians 3:4-5 When one of you says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos" - aren't you acting like worldly people? After all, who is Apollos? And who is Paul? We are simply God's servants, by whom you were led to believe.

I don't know everything about this church, but the reason for it's establishment sounds a bit like heaven on earth to me.

John 17:21 I pray that they may be one. Father! May they be in us, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they be one, so that the world will believe that you sent me.

What if this came to reality worldwide? Will this place look a little different? Maybe a bit more like heaven.

Yearning for that day.

- posted by Bob VonGunten

No comments:

Post a Comment