Monday, January 3, 2011

I chose a leap of faith

The intricacy of God’s love has brought me here. Four months ago heading to an India meeting I read a verse that cinched the decision for me. In his heart, a man plans his course but the Lord determines his steps (Proverbs 16:9). So with my heart open to His calling, I chose to truly take a leap of faith. I trusted that God had called me to be His hands in a beautiful land extremely different than the comforts I’m accustom to. India has beautiful colors and incredibly beautiful people. Their hearts and spirits are sooo genuine and authentic and so many people have completely written them off. I believe that for a long time, God has been preparing me to learn from, share with, and serve these beautiful people of simplicity. I’m glad God didn’t tell me until I had to trust Him just as these beautiful people trust me.

--Posted by Jen Thursby

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your heart Jen. Grateful that you are my sister here on earth and my sister in Christ. Praying that God will continue to use you and the team in a huge way. Love you and so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete