Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tim's Tuesday Post






My first impression of the Indian people made me believe that no joy could be found in such defeated faces. A wall of rugged, worn and weathered facial expressions confronted the view that I crossed the ocean to find--one of the image of the creator of Indians and Americans, Heaven and Earth, and all that exists that is good in it. God has shown me yet again that His word is true: “you will seek me and find me if you seek me with all of your heart.” I’ll be honest, God has not made us work too hard to see those stone faces concealing the work of His hands crumble.
I have witnessed what I initially believed to be stone faces of society shunned children of the King dance and sing--those faces shattered by innate joy too spontaneous, too beautiful, too heart piercing to be man made.
Being made in the image of God means that in all of us is "that for which Christ Jesus took hold of us" in the first place--the qualities and characteristics of our Father in Heaven. The joy I have seen today in the Dalit people here in Kalavai, India is my Father's joy.
I want to thank God for leading GCC to this place, and the teams that have gone before us that made it possible for myself and my other 14 brothers and sisters in Christ on this team to be a part of the longest "Little Sally Walker"game I have ever been a part of. Thank you for preparing the hearts behind stone wall faces to shine the joy of their creator upon us today. I have never experienced hugs or smiles coming so fresh from their source. GCC and all its members have blessed these people who are in-turn, with this team as witnesses, sharing "the well" in return. Yes, in Kalavai, India the river runs deep and its people are baring much fruit--I only hope we can make this clear to them, as I do not know that they fully understand it yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment