Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Vannakum from India (Monday)

Day two in the village is well under way. We are “taking rest” right now so I figured it would be a great time to update everyone on how it’s going. Yesterday when we got off of the bus we were welcomed in the standard fashion… lots of hugs and kisses… garland and firecrackers. Seeing familiar faces was great… but there’s something special about seeing someone that you connected with on the last trip and seeing their face light up when they see you. For those of you who know me… one of my “sisters” in the village and a woman who has changed my whole perspective in life is Shanti. When she saw me get off of the bus her face lit up and she erupted into tears… followed by about 20 kisses… more tears and hugs. I love this woman. I can only imagine how everyone else felt stepping off of the bus… veterans and new team members. These people overwhelm you with love. So the rest of the night was filled with much dancing… we had a new year’s giving tree and watched part of Chronicles of Narnia. Today has been much, much more singing and dancing followed by games to help us get to know the names of the village people that we have teamed up with for the week. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for us. I am so grateful that God has called me to show these people that they are loved and that they matter to Him. I am going to do my best to help them realize that truth. Well, we have much more to do so I’m off for now… God Bless!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment