Thursday, December 30, 2010

Kalavai - no pressure

Yesterday was so exciting. I met the wonderful people of Kalavai for the first time , and immediately fell in love with them all. Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. The children are especially charming. I'd love to take them all home with me. After lunch, (a delicious lunch prepared by Prima and Miss Lilly and other helpers), we had some free time to play with the children. I loved playing catch with the boys. They're just like boys everywhere - very athletic. The girls love to put flowers in our hair and everyone smiles all the time. They taught us some Tamil words, and we taught them some English words. Most of the kids can now count in English, since they have started going to school. Later in the afternoon, we (the health team) took some blood sugar counts and blood pressures of the adults in the village. They were all very trusting and willing to participate. I am so impressed by these people. They are all so considerate, kind and generous. It's going to be hard to leave here. I can see why people love India.

posted by: Diane King

No comments:

Post a Comment