Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year - Authentic Faith


How do you know that what you see is the real deal? For me I know faith is authentic when it is passed on to the next generation. If something smells ritualistic or fake, the next generation will surely know it and quickly abandon it.

The people of the Irula Colony are not just grateful for support from GCC, they are a community growing in authentic faith. How can I say this?

* Raj's family - I've had the wonderful opportunity to prepare a meal with them and have conversations with them about the lives they are living and the direction God is leading them. Bruce and Corrinda own their relationship with God.

* The children - Unplanned, they danced and sang as loud as they could to songs that expressed what God has done for them in there language and modern Eastern music.

* Marriage Seminar - The kids witnessed their parents learning and growing in their relationship with each other and God.

An example of authentic faith given by Raj's family and GCC people has transformed lives in the colony that are being seen and followed by the children of the colony. This is how I know their faith is real. True faith is the same in any culture and it is happening here before my very eyes. I am blessed to be a witness.

Posted by Bob VonGunten (aka - Mr. Kelly, Bobol, and Josh- I will have to explain some other time)

1 comment: