Monday, July 4, 2011

A generational change


When I came to India in December it was life changing. As I left the village in January, I was sure that I was coming back but also fairly sure that there was no way that I would ever experience something that intense ever again. Boy was I wrong! Yesterday was our first day of work here in Kalavai. I pretty much experienced every emotion that I possibly could experience yesterday… fear and uncertainty, peace and love and everything in between. Way too much to blog about but let me say that this team is amazing and the people here in Kalavai have once again stolen my heart. The thing that hit me the hardest (but in a good way) yesterday was when we were sitting in the community center after dinner listening to Raj talk. Raj is amazing and I LOVE listening to him talk. Someone on the team asked Raj to talk about the transformation that he had seen in the village since he had started coming here and listening to it firsthand from Raj was amazing. But the thing that really affected me was when he started talking about the children of the village. When Raj first came to this village there was one Christian in it (Miss Lilly… and AMAZING woman). Over the years, many of the villagers have come to Christ but like any adult, there are patterns that are engrained in them that aren’t easy to let go of. The children of the village truly accepting Christ are key to a complete transformation of this village. Raj talked about the vacation bible school that they held in the village and the children here who are all out for Christ. He told us about the kids who would cry and pray for their parents to change and that rocked me to the core. The children in this village are so loving. I can’t help but pray for them. This village has changed quite a bit, but I can’t even begin to imagine the change that is yet to come. Children truly are the future… and this village has a VERY bright future. God bless Kalavai!

Jennifer Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment