Thursday, July 7, 2011

Living in the Spirit


“The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for He founded it upon the seas and established it upon the waters. Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.” ~Psalm 24:1-4

…..okay, so Raj has been facilitating a host of “contests” (learning incentives) in the village this week between our GCC India Team and The Villagers. It was devised to help make sense of scriptural concepts as they apply to spiritual health through the use of external cleanliness initiatives. The idea is that through the context of these contest illustrations, a better understanding of physical health conditions may also come to light.

…….at least that was my understanding…..

Now I’m not so sure.

I don’t know if this is for them or for us.

I don’t know if this is for us or for you.

I don’t know what God is saying in all of this. There is just so much. I feel like He is talking/messaging a mile a minute. I hear His voice booming in stunning silence. I feel His face with my heart.

I feel the massive tenderness of His breaking heart for them and for you and for everyone I have ever known.

His power is such a gentle, yet at the same time, tremendous whisper.

I have never seen such love in any other eyes as I am seeing over and over again here. I have never encountered a purity and gentleness of Spirit like this in my life…

….completely uninhibited delight and gratitude……

I have never seen anything like it.

I've never felt so honored or humbled.

I know that God has positioned us here to bring the Word of Jesus to the people here in India. I also realize now that He has positioned us here to immerse us in an understanding that penetrates our hearts. An understanding that can't be spoken, but must be experienced. He longs for us to truly understand the heart of Jesus Christ.

“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” ~Matthew 5:8


~Heather Chezem

No comments:

Post a Comment