Monday, July 4, 2011

Hello from India

This whole experience is amazing! So much has happened over the past 3 days that its hard to put it to words. So I’m gonna put down a blitz of thoughts and feelings and hope it makes sense. We had tons of training and preparation and our leaders and Raj, our Indian liaison, is fantastic. I had a lot of anxiety regarding the trip over hear because of my long term neck problem, but I did quite well, whenever things tightened up I would hold onto God tighter and he got me through it with minimal problems J Chennai was eye opening in many ways and we saw great regions of Christianity with sights of St Thomas (Mount St Thomas and the caves where he brought water out of rock and there is still a fresh water pool there today!)

But everything was working up to getting into the colony Irula (the place of darkness) but since GCC has been coming here spreading the Word, the colony’s name has changed to Arula (the people of Light!) And these people are full of light and life! Everyone is so happy and their eyes are full of gratitude. The children are unbelievably cute and I’ve played with so many I can’t count. (Helps me not miss little Lana bean as much I love you little girl and sissy!!)

I brought a digital voice recorder and I’ve been going around getting their names and then playing it back to them, for most have not heard their voices. I also got a few of them to sing some songs! Latha is a beautiful lady and she sang a song of Christ and You could see her love for him on her face as she sang. I hope to upload a mp3 of her singing onto the blog .

Thanks to all of you who have prayed and encouraged me. Our Lord is helping me through the challenges and opening my eyes to the beauty of these people J

More to come soon!

God bless

Craig

1 comment:

  1. Team,

    You are doing it!!! You are letting God's love flow from you and pouring it out on India!! So thankful you are there, loving each one of the people, each one of the children!!! Your touches, hugs, and smiles are breaking down walls there. Thank you for being tools for Jesus...

    Wishing I was there, but praying for you all every day....Keep on keeping on team:)

    Jess Stemm

    ReplyDelete