Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A moment of clarity

This post is being brought to you by the one and only Liz Taylor:

Yesterday during the children's program, my group of five and six-year-olds was joined by a small crowd of older women. I invited them to sit and join us - some painted with the kids but others wanted just to talk.

One woman in particular was asking me lots of questions. She wanted to know about my profession, how old I am, about my husband and son. Then she asked me where I came from? "America", I told her. Her eyes got large and she got a huge smile on her face. She then said "you all come all the way from America to love my children? We will miss you when you go!"

She and the other woman then stayed close as we played a game and shared the gospel with the kids.

She understood we came because we care about them and she was able to hear how much God loves her and them. I love watching God tear down the language barriers between us!

Thanks for being on this journey with us!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you get to be surrounded by women and kids, Liz! Thanks for the post. I love praying for you all as you share the love of Jesus! I'm so glad that God is opening their eyes to understand. Can't wait to hear all the intricate details of the stories when you guys get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, how can they miss the love message from you guys?

    ReplyDelete