Thursday, March 14, 2013

Yesterday we finished up talking with all of the people in the village and found ways to be productive with our down time... then off to dinner at Lachmi's house where we had some good conversation.  Pastor Isaac was our translator & he was very entertaining.  Then we were treated to the customary Indian village talent show (which Jenn & I both joined in on) and finished the evening off with a round of "Hokey Pokey".  It was another good day.

On a more personal note, my heart is melting at the fact that the little girl who stole my heart the first time I was in this village is growing up before my very eyes.  Sandia was just a baby when I came here the first time and was afraid of me (because she'd never seen a white person before).  Last trip she warmed up to me quite a bit... but this trip, she can actually talk.  She's telling me all kinds of things...  I have no idea what she's saying... but I'm loving every minute of it.  :-)  She hasn't learned to say "Jennifer" yet (that's the goal for the July trip) but for now, she has taken to calling me "pastor"...  I'll take it.  :-)  How can you not love a face like this?  Yes... it was a very good day.  :-)

jenarcher 

No comments:

Post a Comment