Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Chicken" you say?

This post is written by Dawn Payne:

I would like to personally thank Raj for feeding me, as he called it, "chicken". And about the time I swallowed it, he then laughed and told me it was really rat!!! I am beginning to see how much of a jokester Raj is and I love that side of him!!

On our trip to Kalavai, I was reminded of the fellow GCC people that forged before us, and so thankful that they listened to God's call on their life because I was able to reap the benefits of their dedication to Jesus. I am inspired by these people of Kalavai. They are not "happy"; they are JOYFUL! Wow, what a difference in those two words!

It is so amazing that thousands of miles away from home, Jesus can connect the hearts of people in such a powerful way! I love these people and I am so excited to see what God has in store for them!!

Thanks for your prayers!!

[photo was moment that Dawn discovered the truth about the "chicken". . . She wasn't very still - sorry for the blurring picture!]





3 comments:

  1. Dawn that is great! Verna and I enjoyed the picture and we both can imagine that we would respond the same at that moment! Glad you are seeing God at work in India!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, maybe you should add rat to your freezer meal rotation!
    - Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the past 4 years, the "Eat BBQ Rat" check-list item at the end of most of our GCC India Teams has actually become a jealously guarded Rite of Passage for most Team Members. Congratulations, March Team! You are now fully and thoroughly marked as GCC India Team Veterans! Hooyah!

    ReplyDelete